Bubble Clean System
Bubble Clean System
What is Bubble Clean System?
Cleaning solution and microbubbles flow at a high speed along the spiral grooves inside the wiper collar surrounding the quartz sleeves and clean the sleeve with great efficiency while providing easy maintenance.
Quartz Sleeve Fouling
Various compounds in water can contaminate the surface of quartz sleeve of the UV reactor due to the following reasons
- Compounds for which the solubility decreases as temperature increases may precipitate [e.g., CaCO3, CaSO4, MgCO3, MgSO4,FePO4, FeCO3, Al2(SO4)3] (EPA 2006).
- Photochemical reactions that are independent of sleeve temperature may cause sleeve fouling. (Derrick and Blatchley 2005).
- Parti cles and inorganic chemicals in water can be deposited on the lamp sleeve surface(Lin et al., 1999a & Walt et al. 2005).
Types of Cleaning System
Differences and Advantages Compared to Existing Technology
NEOTEC’s Bubble Clean System satisfies the shortcomings of conventional OMCC
- Microbubbles increase cleaning efficiency
- Externally installed and maintained Bubble Clean system can relieve maintenance inconvenience
- Cleaning solution can be visually checked for contamination and refilled with ease
- A leak detection and an automatic cleaning solution supply valve close system
|Existing OMCC System||Bubble Clean|
|Continuous contamination of injected chemical cleaning solution||Easy to check contamination level and refill the chemical cleaning solutio|
|Only lower section of quartz is cleaned if some of injected chemical cleaning solution is leaked||The chemical cleaning solution cleans entire section regardless of the leak & solution level|
|The entire cleaning solution must be drained and refilled even if only one quartz sleeve needs to be replaced||No need to drain and refill the entire cleaning solution|
|Damage to wiper sealing can lead to chemical cleaning solution leak||Leak detection and system that automatically closes chemical cleaning solution supply valve|
|Inconvenience of lifting the entire module individually to refill chemical cleaning solution.
Cf.) For large water treatment facility, hundreds of modules needs to be lift and chemical cleaning solution refilled (takes several days)
|Only one external cleaning solution reservoir needs to be drained and refilled.
Cf.) Only few minutes required regardless of the number of modules
Cleaning Performance Verification Complete
Globally Certified Bubble Clean Solution
- Suitable for outside use during winter (freezing point below -4°F)
- NSF 60 certified to ensure quality and safety assurance
- All Ingredients are food grade and food additive
|Bubble Clean Solution||Bubble Clean Solution-DW|
|Food grade chemical||Food grade chemical|
|Consist of food additive ingredient||Consist of food additive ingredient|
|Freezing Point: -4°F||Freezing Point: -76°F|
|NSF 60 Certified||NSF 60 Certified|
|For WWTP||For Drinking WTP|
NSF Certification & Test Report
Cleaning Performance Test Against Different Types of Fouling
※ This test was conducted only using cleaning solution.